Sunday, July 13, 2014

Dreaming

The other night I had the strangest dream.  I found myself standing in a house that somehow I knew was supposed to be my house and yet I had never seen anything in this house before.  I felt so out of place and uncomfortable in a space that was supposed to be mine, and as I walked from room to room trying to find something familiar I realized that no matter how many rooms I found there were always more rooms.  Never a front door or back door or any exit to speak of, just room after endless room.

I was alone.  No one answered any calls and I could find no one.  At this point I am starting to panic since I cannot handle being alone, and the more I run, the more turns I make, I can find no windows, no doors and no people.

2 comments:

  1. Most dream analysts would say that the house is your brain, your consciousness. Did it seem at all like a representation of your mind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point I can't recall what the rooms were like or what was in them, just the feeling of being trapped and panicky

    ReplyDelete