Thursday, September 11, 2014

Nuts

Author's Note: For some reason I kept getting distracted while writing this. I just remembered I was writing when the alarm went off telling me I should go to work. Knew there was something.

It stuck with me the entire day, that feeling that I was supposed to do something. I stopped on my way to work and got coffee, thinking I had forgotten some stop I was supposed to make; but I sat there for maybe half an hour, eating a muffin, and nothing came to me, so I just went on to work.

I checked calendars when I got in; nothing but my regular meetings. I sat at my desk and wondered for a second, then started going through my email from overnight.

It was a regular day. There were problems and solutions; there were questions and answers; there was laughter and tears. A work day. And all the time, I was haunted by that sensation that something... something I was supposed to be doing.

There are lots of techniques for teasing something loose from your memory. You look at it obliquely, you follow the sensation; when it strikes you, you

No comments:

Post a Comment