Friday, September 26, 2014

A More Traditional Exorcism

When Theodora re-entered the room, the scar designs all over her body had mysteriously vanished, and replaced. They had been replaced with new ones, still wet with blood, and they were still chock full of tribal art and archaic symbols that looked like they belonged more on the walls of some dead religion's temple than on a person.

"What the hell?" Jack asked, "You've changed."

"No, I'm still the same person as yesterday," Theodora said absently. Her eyes seemed focused on the empty spaces around him rather than directly on his person, and this sent a chill through his spine.

"Who did this to you? How did-" He was silenced by her delicate index finger being placed softly on his lips as she approached him.

"It's magick," she said.

"Okay, now I'm absolutely convinced you need professional help."

"I already have professional help. That's where I got these."

He wanted desperately to help her, but he was more and more keenly aware of the fact that he was in way over his head. "I'm sorry," he said, "I can't do this."

"I know," she replied, "That's what these were for. They help me see your demon."

"I'm sorry, my demon?"

"Yes, I have to be able to see him to remove him." That's when he saw the knife. It must have been some sort of ceremonial dagger, and it was well-polished, and recently sharpened. He had a difficult time breathing, at first, because the air seemed to be sucked out of him at the terror of seeing her pull the knife out. But his breath slowly began to return along with a deep sense of calm as she began to thrust the blade repeatedly into his abdomen.

No comments:

Post a Comment